Join us this summer at Shape, a one-of-a-kind tech expo on how technology will change the future, being held at AT&T Park on July 15th and 16th. The entire park will be open to visitors who can participate in the Shape Hackathon, attend talks from visionaries, take their kids to a Maker Camp and explore innovative exhibits featuring robots, top cyclists, lunar rovers, connected cars and of course, our Virtual Reality (VR) rollercoaster. On Saturday night, all guests are invited to attend iHeartRadio LIVE with Silversun Pickups at AT&T Park.
Samsung Exhibits Shaking Things Up at Shape
AT&T is taking over the entire stadium to set up interactive demos on the field and behind the seats. You’ll get to meet robots, see how technology is transforming smart cities, check out the latest digital home advancements, play with the latest in wearables and watch how IoT is being used to improve the performance of athletes in a live demo.
Interested in VR? Stop by our booth and go for a ride on our VR rollercoaster. It will be unlike any ride you’ve been on before. See the latest in digital photography at our Beyond Camera station and get transported into an immersive world where you can experience ultra-high definition 3D wherever you look. Marvel at how 16 cameras with advanced optics are positioned to capture the world in true stereoscopic Omniview 3D.
Step onto the field and sit inside our Fiat 500X to get a glimpse at how we’re changing the driving experience. Running low on juice? Stop by one of our stations to charge your devices. We’ll also have our newest hardware and technologies on display. This is a chance to get some hands-on time with tablets, the Galaxy View, TVs, and a Samsung Pay demo.
Anyone with kids who love to tinker should enroll them in Maker Camp Live organized by Maker Media, which is known for hosting events that celebrate arts, crafts, engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself mindset. Kids 7-17 will learn how to solder and use that skill to build things they can take home.
Visionaries Talk About Technology and the Future
AT&T is bringing together a mix of technical experts, innovators, futurists, and executives to talk about how technology will shape the future. Here are some of the speakers you can expect to see on stage and participating in panels at Shape:
- Ray Kurzweil, futurist and computer scientist, will talk about the acceleration of technology and the impact on business, the economy and society.
- John Stankey, CEO of AT&T Entertainment Group, will moderate a panel on the future of entertainment featuring Larry Fitzgibbon, CEO of Tastemade and Jared Leto, Academy Award-winning actor, singer-songwriter, and founder of the online platform VyRT.
- Nate Silver, statistician and founder of FiveThirtyEight, will discuss big data and the power of predictions through data analytics.
- Jason Silva, media artist and futurist, plans to cover the complex systems of society, technology, and human existence.
- Ralph de la Vega, AT&T Vice Chairman, will moderate a panel with renowned surgeon and researcher Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong and others on the future of health and medicine.
- John Donovan, AT&T Chief Strategy Officer and Group President, will be joined by entrepreneur and author Peter Diamandis, futurist Anne Lise Kjaer and Kevin R. Compton, Partner/Co-Founder at Radar Partners, to discuss a networked future.
- Fei-Fei Li, Director of Stanford’s AI Lab, will present on how today’s developers are teaching computers to see.
- Eugene Wei, Head of Video at Oculus, will talk about VR in cinema.
- Justin Quimby from Google will discuss Tango and why spatial sensors will change the world.
- Modar Alaoui, Founder and CEO of Eyeris, will present on deep learning-based emotion recognition software — later, Dr. Aaron Andalman of Cognitive will discuss neural networks.
Shape Challenge Takes Center Stage
Prior to the event, AT&T launched the Shape Challenge, which invited technologists, innovators, and content creators to submit projects on Connected Things, Augmented Networks and Smart Cities. At Shape, semi-finalists will present their projects on Friday night. The final three teams will move on to the finals for a chance to win $50,000, with the audience choosing the winner.
If you want a sneak preview of the future of tech, register for Shape now at http://shape.att.com/. Use promo code ShapeSamsung to get free access to the event — we look forward to seeing you there!