The 2016 Samsung Developer Conference is next week at Moscone West, 800 Howard St in San Francisco, and we want you to have the inside scoop before you arrive!
Things to Remember
A few reminders to help you get ready for SDC:
- SDC kicks off on Wednesday, April 27 with the Opening Keynote at 9:30am
- Lyft is the official ridesharing partner for SDC 2016 – see below for free credits!
- This year we will host our annual Developer Pitches at SDC. Select startups and developers have a chance to pitch their technology and product ideas to a panel of judges from venture capitalist and business development leaders from Samsung. To enter the Developer Pitches, please visit our website and fill out the application form by Sunday, April 24. We’ll announce who will be participating on Monday, April 25.
- Bring a canned good – SDC 2016 is supporting the SF-Marin Food Bank and Samsung will match donations brought in by attendees.
Day 0 – Tuesday, April 26
Our Registration Desk will be open from 8:00am-8:00pm the day before SDC 2016 starts, so if you are arriving in San Francisco early we strongly recommend that you swing by to pick up your conference badge. This way you can skip the lines on Wednesday morning and head straight to the Opening Keynote to kick off the conference!
Day 0 Hands-On Workshops are taking place on April 26. If you would like to participate and haven’t purchased a Hands-On Workshop pass, you can simply add it to your registration account. Don’t delay — there are only a few spots left!
Receive $25 in Free Lyft Credit – Getting around San Francisco is easy with Lyft, the app for rides in minutes. Just request and go. Download Lyft for Samsung on your Galaxy device and use SDC2016 for $25 in free credit. Good for $5 off each of your next 5 rides, while supplies last. (Code must be redeemed between 4/26 – 4/30. Credits valid for 14 days after redemption. Promotion available to new Lyft users and first 1,000 existing users. Subject to Lyft’s terms of service.)
Day 1 – Wednesday, April 27
SDC 2016 will kick off at 9:30am with the Opening Keynote on level 3; registration will be open at 7:30am. The rest of the day follows with breakout sessions, activities and content galore!
There are tons of great programs, sessions and events planned for SDC 2016, including:
- Dev Dollars: Collect Dev Dollars from sessions, pavilion booths and SDC staff. Trade them in for sweet giveaways ranging from Frisbees to Samsung devices. Check out the merchandise at the Samsung Shop on level 2.
- Show Us Your Flair: Stop by the Flair Stations throughout the conference to collect pins from four categories to show who you are, your expertise, your hobbies and interests and of course your favorite Made for Samsung partners. Post pictures on Twitter (@Samsung_Dev) and Instagram (@Samsung_Dev) of you, your friends and your Flair using #iheartSDC for chances to win prizes.
- Scan your Badge for a Chance to Win: Every time you scan your badge at sessions or pavilion booths, you’ll be entered to win one of many Samsung devices. Scan, scan, scan! Winners will be notified through the email they provided during registration.
- Stop by the Shop: Swing by the Samsung Shop on level 2 to purchase merchandise and Samsung devices. Get a FREE Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charger with the purchase of select Samsung smartphones.
- Pavilion: Check out the latest tech and tools from Samsung, Sponsors and Partners. This is where you will find exclusive, never before seen technology – don’t miss out.
- Spotlight Theater: Stop by to hear our partners discuss the latest trends, products, technology and tools.
- Disruptor Theater: Get your questions answered at our Ask Me Anything! sessions, featuring industry luminaries like film director and VR Futurist Brett Leonard, VRML co-creator, Tony Parisi and children’s app creator and guitarist from mega-band KISS, Tommy Thayer.
- SF-Marin Food Drive – Give back by donating canned goods for our SDC food drive, and SDC will match donations. Don’t have a can? No worries. You can donate change, bills, whatever you’ve got. Let’s fill the bin! You can donate online through the SDC 2016 Team page.
- Innovation and Marketing Track: We have pulled together some of the top minds in next-generation technology. Sit in on the discussions in the keynote room on level 3. The Innovation Track begins at 12:30pm and the Marketing Track begins at 2:15pm.
Finally, wrap up a fun-filled Day 1 with our Epic Samsung Celebration, with Underworld headlining! We’re bringing the awesome and your SDC conference pass is your ticket in.
Day 2 – Thursday, April 28
The day will get started with our Inspirational Keynote at 9:30am on level 3 followed by breakout sessions, activities and the Pavilion. A second Innovation Track begins at 12:30pm in the keynote room.
Take 3 minutes to pitch your app idea to a panel of investors and judges while you are at SDC 2016. Sign up early on the white board outside the Disruptor Theater, spots are limited and it is first-come first-served.
Come to our Day 2 Ask Me Anything! sessions to talk to industry experts about cognitive computing, bots and the next wave of smart services.
Last Day at SDC
Don’t forget to collect your Dev Dollars and turn them in for some awesome prizes, drop off your canned good on the first floor for SF-Marin Food Bank or stop in to see the Exclusive SDC VR experience happening on level 1!
And if all this wasn’t exciting enough…
We have more news for you! As an added benefit to your SDC registration, you will receive a one-year free membership to the Samsung Developer Program. As a preferred member, you will enjoy the benefits of:
- Easy access to our enhanced SDK documentation, as well as the latest tips, tricks and best practices
- Access to our top-notch team that provides both Tizen and Android support
- A dedicated service team that will work with you to make sure your app is ready for preferred Samsung devices
More details about your complimentary Developer Program enrollment will be available right after SDC.
Can’t wait to see you in San Francisco next week — register now!